Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Study: Cate Blanchett (2hrs)

There are a few actress/actors whose looks I really love, Cate is one of them.
No matter which movie she is in, I enjoy each and everyone of her role :)

So I decided to do some painting studies as I've actually not worked with color for quite a while.
This is actually the 2nd version, the first version was scrapped because I just really couldn't stand it, and I know it was not going the way it should, so instead of finishing then re doing, I just scrapped it to start over.

My painting however, the more I look at it, the less it looks like Cate anymore.  Maybe it's just me.

"Make your work.  Make your work constantly. Love it. And hate it. But make it." - Stephanie Diamond, artist, New York.

Original Ref: http://www.mannythemovieguy.com/images/cate_blanchett_maid_marian.jpg


No comments: